Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good bye 60m...

Hi all. I would like to thanks to all of You for QSO, trials, support, effort, help, tips, hints... simply for great camaraderie which I felt on 60m band each second when I was on the air.

I am going to the SWL mode but I will try to continue improving my setup, study the condx, ionosphere behavior, phenomenons and help to each others using my experiences I got from my 60m band operation up to now.

Final score of my operation is in the end of the blog. Not bad but plenty of room for an improvement and lot of challenges in front of us is over there.

My best wishes healthy and happy New Year 2012 to all on the bands worldwide and be sure I am listening behind...

73 - Petr, OK1RP

No comments:

Post a Comment