Welcome to Tropical band
To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)
Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Yaesu FT-450D on 60m band mods
there I am posting the MARS modification for Yaesu FT-450D which can open the radio also for 60m band as I found it on Youtube. (thank You to author "Yvo Muniz" for posting it and sharing his job.
There is another way for FT-450D mod to open TX for 60m band in text form (thanks to John, M0OBU)
* Remove covers (Top/Bottom)
* Remove front panel (lift 4 plastic clips) Remove metal shield from body (screws) Locate jumpers JP2002 - JP2009 Clear top jumper.
* Fill # 6 from top with solder (bridge)
* Replace front & covers.
* Reset by holding IPO/ATT+AGC +NB & turn on.
* Rotate multifunction knob left(CCW) till "type" appears in display.
* Briefly press "F" key then press NB ("t" appears) Press & hold "F" key 3 seconds.
A long BEEP will sound & screen will clear before indicating frequency.
Hope it helps,
73 - Petr, OK1RP