Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Friday, January 9, 2015

GB3WES beacon off air due to maintenance by John, G3WGV

Hello all

first of all I would like to wish the healthy Happy New Year 2015 to all!
 
I am posting there the actual news from John, G3WGV regarding the status of the GB3WES beacon on 5MHz...
 
"Following last night's storm, I have decided to luff over my tower for some remedial work. As the WX is pretty grim for the next few days, it is likely that it will be next week before I can complete this work and in the meantime the GB3WES antenna is on the ground and the TX is switched off.

I will advise when it is back on and in the meantime, my apologies for the outage.

--
73

John, G3WGV

73 - Petr, OK1RP
.../-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment