Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Monday, May 15, 2017

HB0 - Liechtenstein by Mirko, DJ1AA

Hello 60m friends,
 
I just would like to let you know that I am QRV from DXCC Liechtenstein tomorrow on monday 15th.of may 2017. I hope to can start around 13 UTC. It depends on the traffic on the 700km distance with the car.
 
My business trip is going to west Austria to the city Feldkirch. I will take the chance to drive high up to the HB0 mountains, about 1500m asl on a parking place. The location will be again Gaflei with locator JN47SD. This QTH in the mountains east of the capitol city Vaduz. My last not scheduled trip to this location I made on 10th. April 2017. I made around 60 QSOs on 60m on frequency 5.360 MHz USB around Europe. I started at 12:51 UTC and made QRT on 60m on 15:03 UTC. After the 60m activation I switched to 40m band and made again around 70 QSOs till 16:18 UTC.


The equipment for the new trip tomorrow on 60m Band will be again:
The voltage from the car:  12V battery and running Diesel engine to produce the necessary current.


Transceiver:  ICOM IC-7000, reduced power 10W,
Antenna:  A 15m long glasfieber rod as a vertical antenna, some elevated radials and random radials
To feed the antenna I use a automatic antenna tuner Smarttuner SGC - SG237. If you like, you can see my used equipment and the location on the following QRZ page:
 
 
I will drive tomorrow the around 700km to the same location like you can see on the QRZ.com HB0 – pictures. It would be nice to get some more spots in the DX Cluster, because I am again limited time in HB0. I am not on vacation, I am on business trip and I have to work on Tuesday and Wednesday. So only a couple of hours you can work me, sorry, but better as nothing.


I hope to work you and please keep the USB Frequency 5,360 MHz free for that DXCC activation. Later on the day, you can find the QSOs in the online logbook on clublog and QRZ.com logbook as well.  I will upload the QSO datas to the online log later from the hotel in Feldkirch, Austria.


Thanks for the attention and have a nice weekend and meet you tomorrow on the 60m band...


Mirko, DJ1AA   >   HB0/DJ1AA   
 
PS: I will upload today some more picture from the last 60m HB0 Activation give me some minutes...

(Tnx Joe, W8GEX)


73 - Petr, OK1RP
.../-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment