Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

VP9 - DXCC #19 on 60m

Hi all,

my new one #19 on 60m band is VP9 > my god...!

"OK Petr, Good QSO. Noise on your freq up to 9 at times but your sig had very little QSB. A good start to a new month!! 73 Ed"

I would like to thank to Ed, VP9GE for very nice QSO finally and comment on my sigs in VP9.

In fact when I hear QRMed weak sigs from Ed, VP9GE on ch5 for the first time yesterday nite I was very dissapointed and though "no it will not be possible to work him..." suddenly. After few trials we moved to ch3 where the channel seemed to be clean. When Ed replied to my call on ch3 then I was really surprised! Ed's sigs was not so strong but very nice to copy as the channel was really clean and quiet at that moment. In the end of short QSO Ed's sigs peaked to 55 with nice readability. All of the time I used my receiving loop with BPF and preamp. Also the sunset period helped to us a lot I guess.

BTW When I switched back to TX antenna > nothing except the noise and QRM over S8! So only thanks to W2PM's RX loop I was able to hear Ed, VP9GE last nite! I am recommending to make one. It cost almost nothing (except work...) and it can improve Your receiving capability and help in situation like it was last nite!

Again thank You Ed for Your effort to make QSO and for giving me new one #19 on 60m!

My best regards,
73 - Petr, OK1RP

No comments:

Post a Comment