Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Saturday, February 24, 2024

VP2E on 60m by Rudi, DK7PE

Latest news from Rudi, DK7PE…

Feb. 22nd.: 

I just received my Anguilla amateur radio license with the call VP2ERK. Tomorrow, I take the ferry to Marigot (Saint Martin) and from there I have to take the boat to Anguilla. I might have to stay one night in FS, depending on the arriving time there. Tonight is my last activity from St. Barth. I will stay away from the classic bands, as they are represented in major contests. So, I concentrate on 30 and maybe 60m. I have the feeling, there is a high 60m demand from Europe. 


Actually, Rudi was active on 30m band as VP2ERK already (24Feb24 06:00Z), so he landed Anguilla Isl. safely and is back on the air from another Caribbean DXCC. 

Expected operation frequency is 5373kHz QSX to 5353kHz for WRC-15 restricted countries and 5373kHz QZF for rest countries like US/UK etc. 

Luckily his radio is in good shape (Rudi found the antenna issue and resolved it) so I hope to find him on 60m soon.


73 - Petr, OK1RP
…/-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment