Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Monday, January 17, 2011

60m - Tropical band in F

Hello,

I was very surprised by receiving the actual 60m band information from France.

Several stations in France are monitoring the Tropical band and spotting even DX's on cluster so I expected that 60m allocation is on the way...

One of the active Tropical pioneers in France is Bernard, F9IE.

"Dear Petr,
So sorry, but France is still not allowed to use 60m band...! I'm listening this band for many years, made cross band 40m qso's especially with N.A. and G's and apllied for a licence 3 years ago and waiting ...!!! So I propose to you a cross band QSO only. Me on 7160 and you 5260 SSB both way is OK at any time. I can monitor, especially at sunset for me what about 17h30z? I heard some OK already working USA ( OK1FBH? ) See U
Best 73, Bernard F9IE / EU-064"

Wow, Bernard asking the permit for 3 years and it seems there is no progress. I already sent the letter to their national authority with the gently question about the current status so I will post the reply if some will arrive.

Bernard, keep fingers crossed to get license for Tropical band soon.

73 - Petr, OK1RP

No comments:

Post a Comment